SA Tests not getting run

James R. Stevens jstevens at ATHENSDISTRIBUTING.COM
Mon May 17 15:38:34 IST 2004

I have this same problem. I first install my packages on a test machine.
When that was working correctly I installed via the same steps on my
production machine.

Both are:
Setup=
> RH 9
> SendMail 8.12.8
> MailScanner 4.29
> SpamAssassin 2.63
> This is an SMTP gateway, so all mail is destined (Relayed ) to another
> Mail server (Exchange)

I can see the SA results in my Maillog :
May 15 09:49:08 Sandbox MailScanner[1737]: Message i4FEmDdd001899 from
127.0.0.1 (root at sandbox.athensdistributing.com) to
athensdistributing.com is not spam, SpamAssassin (score=0, required 5,
autolearn=not spam)

But I have yet to see this in my production server! I cant verify
Mailscanner is calling SA. I have run spamassassin --lint without any
errors. Mail that is dilivered localy will call spamd correctly(If I
left the entry in procmail).
I installed SA through a CPAN shell.

Do I need to copy the init scripts somewhere? Why is my sandbox calling
SA but production is not, I can't find anything different.

My first suggestion would be to verify your copy of spamassassin is
working correctly and not having trouble parsing files:

The following command should run without any output:
         spamassassin --lint

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk

dangerous content by Athens Hyperion Scanner, and is
believed to be clean.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk