Update-MakeMaker.sh fails - what am I missing?

Brian Parish clicknow at SWIFTDSL.COM.AU
Sun May 16 15:02:36 IST 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-16 at 23:35, Ugo Bellavance wrote:
> Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions wrote:
>
> >>You need to install the Net-CIDR perl module
> >>
> > I thought that was included in the MailScanner install archive?
>
> Now that I think about it, I think you are probably right...  I didn't
> look carefully, the error comes when the install script tries to install
> it (Net-CIDR).
>
> Brian, what version of MailScanner are you trying to install? 4.30.3-2?
>
> Did you check the archive's integrity before installing?

That's the version and integrity checks out.  I think it's just that
there's something in the install script that doesn't like Mandrake and I
am floundering when it comes to installing perl modules with cpan.  It's
fine when it works, but I have no idea what to do about it when it
doesn't.  Give me an rpm any day ;-)

thanks for the replies
Brian

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk