Bayes starter DB

ISP List isp-list at TULSACONNECT.COM
Fri May 14 23:28:00 IST 2004

>Download is available at http://www.fsl.com/support/bayes-starter.tar.gz
>
>There's no link on the support page yet but I'll try and get that in place
>over the weekend.
>
>If you have good - or bad results, please let me know off-list.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Steve

Hi Steve,

I've downloaded and installed your Bayes starter DB from:

http://www.fsl.com/support/bayes-starter.tar.gz

..and am running into a problem.  A SpamAssassin debug (spamassassin -C
/opt/MailScanner/etc/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --lint -D) shows:

Cannot open bayes databases /root/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/O: tie failed:
Inappropriate file type or format
Cannot open bayes databases /root/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/O: tie failed:
Inappropriate file type or format

I'm running SA 2.63 and have no problem using Bayes normally (if I remove
your database files from the dir, it will auto-create new ones once I
restart MailScanner).  I've verified that the file permissions (0600) are
correct.

Was this Bayes DB created for SA 3.0 perhaps?

Mike Bacher / isp-list at tulsaconnect.com
TCIS - TulsaConnect Internet Services
Phone: 918-584-1100x110 Fax: 918-582-5776

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk