Corrupt messages in the queue: postfix 2.0.22, mailscanner 4. 30.3

Hirsh, Joshua joshua.hirsh at PARTNERSOLUTIONS.CA
Fri May 14 21:01:30 IST 2004

 Have you tried to send a message from the system directly? Does it get
corrupted to?

 I suspect that the messages aren't being sent to the maildrop directory
properly and are instead being dumped into the incomming queue directly.

 Locally generated messages get sent to /var/spool/postfix/maildrop first,
and then are moved to the various queue's after they get picked up.

 Take a quick peek at the man pages for sendmail (the postfix compatibility
one) and postdrop.

 If this is the case, I believe this is something that's configured from the
postfix main.cf configuration file.

 Cheers,
-Joshua

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk