A favour from people with busy servers please...

Olivier Diserens olivier.diserens at FASTNET.CH
Fri May 14 15:56:14 IST 2004

Here, we use Exim, but I've never seen an smtp connection brutally
closed.
We have some busy servers (because of short memory), that are accepting
between 1 and 3 connections per seconds without problems.

we had to tune a litlle bit the accept_per_connection, accept_max_smtp
options, and all what we get now is something like that:

2004-05-13 06:21:35 1BO7iY-000534-00 no immediate delivery: more than
20 messages received in one connection.

I'm sorry, but I don't have other failed logs.. our Exim are doing a
very good job (MX load balancing, too ;o))

best regards
Olivier

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk