How to do Bayes

Billy A. Pumphrey bpumphrey at WOODMACLAW.COM
Thu May 13 21:18:21 IST 2004

One step further....

I installed DB_files...ran a few things that I now forget.  Spamassassin
--learn is what I think I did.  Here is what I have now.

debug: Final PATH set to:
/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/loca
l/sbin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
debug: ignore: using a test message to lint rules
debug: using "/usr/share/spamassassin" for default rules dir
debug: using "/etc/mail/spamassassin" for site rules dir
debug: using "/root/.spamassassin" for user state dir
debug: using "/root/.spamassassin/user_prefs" for user prefs file
debug: using "/root/.spamassassin" for user state dir
debug: bayes: 8191 tie-ing to DB file R/O /root/.spamassassin/bayes_toks
debug: bayes: 8191 tie-ing to DB file R/O /root/.spamassassin/bayes_seen
debug: bayes: found bayes db version 2
debug: bayes: Not available for scanning, only 0 spam(s) in Bayes DB <
200
debug: bayes: 8191 untie-ing
debug: bayes: 8191 untie-ing db_toks
debug: bayes: 8191 untie-ing db_seen
debug: Score set 1 chosen.
debug: Initialising learner
debug: using "/root/.spamassassin" for user state dir
debug: bayes: 8191 tie-ing to DB file R/O /root/.spamassassin/bayes_toks
debug: bayes: 8191 tie-ing to DB file R/O /root/.spamassassin/bayes_seen
debug: bayes: found bayes db version 2
debug: bayes: Not available for scanning, only 0 spam(s) in Bayes DB <
200
debug: bayes: 8191 untie-ing
debug: bayes: 8191 untie-ing db_toks
debug: bayes: 8191 untie-ing db_seen
debug: is Net::DNS::Resolver available? yes
debug: trying (3) amazon.com...
debug: looking up MX for 'amazon.com'
debug: MX for 'amazon.com' exists? 1
debug: MX lookup of amazon.com succeeded => Dns available (set
dns_available to
hardcode)
debug: is DNS available? 1
debug: all '*From' addrs: ignore at compiling.spamassassin.taint.org
debug: running header regexp tests; score so far=0
debug: running body-text per-line regexp tests; score so far=1.27
debug: Razor2 is not available
debug: running raw-body-text per-line regexp tests; score so far=1.27
debug: running uri tests; score so far=1.27
debug: uri tests: Done uriRE
debug: running full-text regexp tests; score so far=1.27
debug: Razor2 is not available
debug: Current PATH is:
/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/
sbin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
debug: Pyzor is not available: pyzor not found
debug: DCCifd is not available: no r/w dccifd socket found.
debug: DCC is not available: no executable dccproc found.
debug: all '*To' addrs:
debug: RBL: success for 1 of 1 queries
debug: running meta tests; score so far=1.27
debug: is spam? score=1.27 required=5 tests=DATE_MISSING,NO_REAL_NAME

I found this in the archive but I couldn't get that to work.  I had
already put the entries in spam.assassin.prefs.conf where I told bayes
to use /var/spool/spamassassin/bayes.

http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind0403&L=mailscanner&D=0&H=
0&I=-1&O=T&T=0&P=290236

I created the spamassassin directory manually and there is nothing in
there???

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.  Thank you