possible to locate MailScanner configuration files somewhere other that /etc/MailScanner?

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Thu May 13 19:22:31 IST 2004

Hi,

At the top of MailScanner.conf, I have added:

# Rulesets directory containing system ".rules" files
%rules-dir% = /opt/MailScanner/etc/rules

# Rulesets directory containing local ".rules" files     <--- mine
%localrules-dir% = /etc/MailScanner/rules                <--- mine

Then I put my local rules files in this directory instead of /opt/MailScanner,
so they don't get stomped during upgrades.  I make references to
%localrules-dir% as needed elsewhere in the .conf file.  I've urged
Julian to make this change part of the standard MailScanner.conf
file.  Hopefully you get the picture for customization here.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk