Spamassassin refuses to auto-learn!

Michael Freeman admin at thenamegame.com
Fri May 14 04:46:19 IST 2004

Spamassassin refuses to autolearn. I have spent about 4 days trying to get this server to autolearn and by default it is on according to MailScanner 4.30. On all our other servers  autolearn=spam works. I have already installed and re installed Spamassasin thinking its correct. Iv looked at the data base we have in /root/.spamassasin and it looks correct but none of these files are getting any bigger or smaller. Are they corrupt, are we missing something in this directory?

This is what the db directory looks like.

root at srv07 [~/.spamassassin]# ls -la
total 1796
drwx------    2 root     root         4096 May  9 16:39 ./
drwxr-x---   19 root     root         4096 May 13 00:43 ../
-rw-------    1 root     root        12288 May  9 16:39 auto-whitelist
-rw-------    1 root     root       305569 Oct  9  2003 bayes_journal
-rw-------    1 root     root        53769 Nov  4  2003 bayes_seen
-rw-------    1 root     root      1568768 Nov  4  2003 bayes_toks
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         1165 Apr 22 19:50 user_prefs

Are we missing any files? Anyone see anything wrong here.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk