MailScanner & Hyper threading

Thu May 13 09:19:53 IST 2004

David

I'd try.....turning off the RBL tests and then applying back on at a
time (this was an issue for me an caused quite a lot of timeouts).

I presume you're running the RBL in SA and not MS?

Also try running in debug mode for both MS and SA and see if there's
anything obvious.

try running the --lint -D as the mailscanner user, not root - if not
done already.

try reducing the number of children...max number of messages processed.

are you seeing SA/other timeouts on the maillog?

have you tried running bonnie++ to get a better of the disk I/O?

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

David Hooton wrote:
> [...]