MailScanner & Hyper threading

David Hooton david at PLATFORMHOSTING.COM
Thu May 13 00:34:49 IST 2004

We had a thought that perhaps there was an install issue on the original
build, management also wanted to move the servers to Suse, but in the end
our management scripts only worked well in the RedHat environment.

> > Has anyone else had an experience like this?  Do you have any pointers?
> I'm
> > almost 100% certain it's hardware but I need to prove it's not
> MailScanner
> > or any of it's attached software.
> >

> Well, I've heared that it's (sometimes ?) possible to turn off Hyper
> Threading in the BIOS. If you think that might be the problem, you could
> try that.

Sure, this is the next step, it's just another 40km drive to the datacentre
and I was looking for other peoples experiences before we make the trip!

Regards,

David Hooton
Senior Partner
Platform Networks