MailScanner-mrtg errors

Leen Besselink leen at WIREHUB.NL
Wed May 12 20:05:32 IST 2004

Casanova, Chase wrote:

> Why does malscanner-mrtg say that it can't find mountpoints?  The directories are there.
>
> Unable to find a mountpoint for /var/spool.  Please set Spool Directory in mailscanner-mrtg.conf to a valid mountpoint
> Unable to find a mountpoint for /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming.  Please set MailScanner Work Directory in mailscanner-mrtg.conf to a valid mountpoint

The mountpoint is where the partition is mounted. Still don't understand why mailscanner-mrtg needs it. Some kind of crossplatform-compatibility probably. Maybe that's needed on some BSD or Solaris (I doubt it's needed for Linux) ?

I still wanna take a good look at mailscanner-mrtg, because I don't trust it's graphs yet (I think it counts double: it also counts things like notices, etc. then the spamratio is also impacted, I think that's silly).

Also it doesn't pick up the Network and CPU utilization (it seems to use SNMP for that, which I don't).

cat /etc/debian_version         3.0
uname -r                        2.4.18-1-386

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk