Zip files, file name checks

Horvath Gabor Kalman horvath.gabor at EVOLIT.HU
Wed May 12 15:25:31 IST 2004

On Wed, 12 May 2004 14:22:36 +0100
Julian Field <mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK> wrote:

> This behaviour was fixed in 4.30.

I upgraded. The buglikething stayed.
I have two zip files test.zip and test1.zip, both containing pr.bat.
test.zip is encrypted. The other is not.
When I send test.zip attached it gets caught.
When I send both files only the unencrypted zip file gets caught.
The unencrypted zip file always gets caught.

It seems reproducible with "Find Archives By Content = yes" and
"Find Archives By Content = no" too.

What can we do about it?

I'd like to allow encrypted zip files through without checking or renaming them.

I expect the file be always or never caught.

I guess I could work around the thing by telling people to rename the archives and setting "Find Archives By Content = no" but it would be much nicer to be able to let passwd protected archives through.

thanks.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk