Corrupt messages in the queue: postfix 2.0.22, mailscanner 4.30.3

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Tue May 11 22:47:04 IST 2004

Josef Karthauser wrote:

>On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 10:11:34PM +0100, Drew Marshall wrote:
>

>>I have just noticed something strange in your log files. Could you check
>>for me your MailScanner.conf and tell me what your incoming and outgoing
>>queue directories are?
>>

>    Incoming Queue Dir = /var/spool/postfix.in/deferred
>    Outgoing Queue Dir = /var/spool/postfix/incoming

Oh well back to square one, those are fine. I noticed the logs
mentioning the 'active' queue but on re-reading that's where the message
will be after it's been picked up from incoming ready for delivery.

In your original mail you mention that 'some of the mail' is being
corrupted. Not all? If so have you got one of these corrupt files? Can
you open the envelope part of the message (Just cd in to the message and
then open the file named the same as the message). Are there any strange
headers? If there was a MS/ Postfix queue problem then I would expect
all the mail to be marked as corrupt. If it's just some, then we need to
look at what MS is adding to the message, like have you non RFC
characters in your X-%your-site%-MailScanner setting?

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk