sendmail error

Allan Bruce allanmb at F2S.COM
Tue May 11 19:47:37 IST 2004

when i try "update-alternatives mta" I get the following error
    update-alternatives: unknown argument `mta
apart from that, everything seems to be almost working.

I ran MailScanner in debug mode and it was checking for spam/viruses fine.
I can see some files in my /var/spool/mqeue/ directory.  Now when I try to
connect from my windows machine, it reckons there are no emails.  Is there
something else I need to do to get my pop server running correctly?

Thanks
Allan

----- Original Message -----
From: Spicer, Kevin
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 5:42 PM
Subject: Re: sendmail error

rpm -e postfix
rpm -i sendmail   [if you've not done so already]
update-alternatives mta

Sort out the sendmail config to your liking [if you've not done so already]

Test sendmail
Stop sendmail
Start MailScanner

Look out for Mandrakes default sendmail config, its a little too permisive
for my liking (I especially dislike relay based on MX which they tend to
enable).