Emails Not Bouncing

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Tue May 11 19:12:55 IST 2004

NateDog wrote:

> Easy if you're using Red Hat or something lol.

I think Peter uses only Sun servers.

>  I'm on SuSE x86_64.  I just
> installed DCC and everything seems to install fine.  But when running:
> spamassassin -D --lint
>
> debug: DCCifd is not available: no r/w dccifd socket found.
> debug: DCC is not available: no executable dccproc found.

Have you tried spamassassin -D --lint -p
/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf

?
You could also try MailScnner in debug mode, putting the setting to
debug SpamAssassin in MailScanner to on.  This will tell you if
MailScanner finds it.

BTW, this is all in the MAQ.  You could benefit from reading it I think.
   The url is in the footer of every message on this list.  You could
also take a look to MailScanner's manual that is out now.
http://www.fsl.com/support/MailScanner-Manual-Version-1.0.pdf

> So....I'm guessing I'll have to do some symlinks or something?  Or is there
> some config file some where that I can edit?
>
> /usr/local/bin/cdcc
> /usr/local/bin/dccproc
> /usr/bin/dccm
>
> Ok.  I just checked the spam.assassin.prefs.conf file.  And it says:
> dcc_path /usr/local/bin/dccproc
>
> So my path is correct as far as mail scanner goes.  Wonder if that will
> affect how spam assassin uses it since that debug output says that it
> doesn't find it?  I guess I'll just turn it on and see what happens :)
> Do you do anything with this:  score DCC_CHECK 0.0

This disables DCC checks.  Comment it out to use DCC.

>  Also what do you think
> about autolearn?

You should not use it with MailScanner. They don't get along very well.
  Sorry, I can't give you more details.  You're better off with bayes.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk