Mailscanner antivirus update notify

Chris Lyon cslyon at qxzi.net
Mon May 10 23:55:11 IST 2004

The /var/log/maillog will have details on when an update occurred but not
the details of what got updated. If you just want to know that an update
happened and when, /var/log/maillog is the file for you. If you want the
details of the update, how many signatures, version level...etc you can find
that in the /tmp/ClamAV.update.log. This log is appended every time the cron
job kicks off. FYI, most of the lines are the same until there is an update.
When there is any update, will see "Database updated" and that entire
section will have all the details.

So, swatch, perl script, logwatch. Pick the method to e-mail.

BTW, mailstats provides AV Updated: <InsertDate> in there web reporting.
They just look in the /tmp/log/maillog for when the last update happened. It
doesn't fire an e-mail but if you know perl you get add that to it. Check
MailScanner's FAQ for details on MailScanner.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk