Mailscanner antivirus update notify

Alex Neuman alex at nkpanama.com
Mon May 10 23:30:56 IST 2004

In /etc/cron.hourly there's a file called "update_virus_scanners". Since
it has no output, cron doesn't tell you about it. Make it output something
at that stage and you'll know what happened.

Otherwise that script calls /usr/sbin/update_virus_scanners, where you
could also do something with Bash (like sendmail -s "ClamAV Script Update"
root) to tell yourself.

Remember that any output of a cron job gets e-mailed to root (or whoever
owns the cron job). If you send yourself e-mail using sendmail, you don't
need to create any output. Likewise, if you create output, you don't need
to send e-mail (unless root is separate from the administrative account).

PS: Nada de lo mío todavía? ;D