signed posts

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at CI.JUNEAU.AK.US
Mon May 10 20:33:40 IST 2004

Lately I've been seeing several messages in the mailing list that didn't
display in Outlook 2000 w/o manual intervention.  The dialog box said:

"The digital signature on this message is invalid because the message
contents were altered after message was signed."

I suspect that the message is being sent, then the mailing list is adding a
footer or some such.  Is anyone else having this trouble or is it just me?
I see it associated with several different folks on this list although since
the vast majority aren't signing their emails.  They seem to be coming from
folks using "Thawte Personal Freemail Issuing CA".

Any easy fixes on my end or does one just have to live w/this?  I'm hitting
an internal Exchange 5.5 box, with all mail going through MailScanner email
gateways.

TIA...

...Kevin
CBJ MIS Dept.               Network Systems Administrator, Mail
Administrator
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk