Corrupt messages in the queue: postfix 2.0.22, mailscanner 4.30.3

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Mon May 10 19:52:47 IST 2004

Josef Karthauser wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I've just installed mailscanner (4.30.3) on a freebsd box running
>postfix (2.0.22).  Some of the mail that mailscanner is modifying is
>becoming corrupted:
>
>[Snipped]
>

>    May  9 21:01:52 beasty postfix/qmgr[63541]: warning: saving corrupt file "BE67812C04" from queue "active" to queue "corrupt"
>

>Is this a bug, or a configuration problem at my end?  Would someone
>please advise?

I have seen this before MailScanner did not support the new Postfix
queue structure properly. Did you install Postfix and MailScanner from
ports?

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy