FW: Risks Digest 23.36 - auto-blacklists/whitelists

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK
Mon May 10 11:26:05 IST 2004

This is indirectly relevant to MailScanner. If you are interested in the
risks posed by challenge-response anti-spam methods when coupled with
auto-blacklisting then the following short RISKS article will be of
interest.

The message is about the dangers of auto blacklists. It makes the point
that, in contrast, auto-whitelisting does not suffer the same problems.

Quentin
---
PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Information Systems and Services (ISS),
                           University of Newcastle,
                           Newcastle upon Tyne,
FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.
"Any opinion expressed above is mine. The University can get its own."