[Slightly OT] New Spam Fighting Technique

John Rudd jrudd at UCSC.EDU
Sat May 8 16:31:19 IST 2004

On May 8, 2004, at 5:11 AM, Julian Field wrote:

> At 21:32 07/05/2004, you wrote:
>> Interesting.  I like it; it's too bad it can't be integrated into
>> MailScanner,
>
> MailScanner intentionally does not get involved with the SMTP service.
> This
> is an SMTP-level trap, so will have to be done by someone else.

I just wanted to expand and explain a little.  I'm in complete
agreement with Julian that it's not really within MailScanner's domain
(as MS isn't an SMTP service).  That's why the subject has "OT" in it
(and "slightly" is because MS does do to anti-spam stuff, and because
it's something I thought the sendmail using part of this list might be
interested in playing with, and letting the sendmail and communigate
pro users on the list know that coming versions of sendmail and
communigate pro will support it directly).

I wasn't at all trying to imply that it was something MailScanner
should do.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk