Problem found with postfix-2.1.0-0.20040209.18mdk

Sylvain MEDEOT symedeot at YAHOO.FR
Sat May 8 09:33:43 IST 2004

Hi,

I've just installed MailScanner, Spam Assassin, mrtg-mailscanner and Vispan
on a freshly installed Mandrake 10 community server.

This comes with postfix-2.1.0-0.20040209.18mdk and I noticed a new problem
causing postfix to hang up on MailScanner startup...

Each time I started MailScanner, I found the following error
in /var/log/mail/error :

postfix address already in use

I then stopped MailScanner and run :

postfix -c /etc/postfix.in start
(checked logs, nothing particular...)

postfix -c /etc/postfix start
(checked logs, the error appears...)

I then checked /etc/postfix/master.cf to verify that smtp was deactivated
(# inserted on line #smtp   inet  n  -  y  -  -   smtpd).
It was...

I then found that commenting in the same file line
#127.0.0.1:10026   inet    n  -  y   -   -   smtpd

fixes the problem...

I think this can help somebody...

Regards,

Sylvain MEDEOT