emails not scanned?

Patel, Anjana Anjana.Patel at CRANFIELD.AC.UK
Fri May 7 14:52:07 IST 2004

> Hardly fair to expect MailScanner to bhave as designed regardless of
the
> errors in the config - i guess you can only code for known
> configurations, not unknown ?

I'm well aware of the fact that Mailscanner was not at fault however I'm
trying to understand why these emails did not remain queued and why
there were no mailscanner headers if mailscanner deals with moving
emails from the incoming to the outgoing queue?  My expectation would
have been that either mailscanner should have died because of a problem
with the config or it should have put headers in saying that it failed
to scan.  The fact that there are no headers is confusing.

Anjana

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk