MailScanner install help

Michael St. Laurent mikes at HARTWELLCORP.COM
Thu May 6 23:17:35 IST 2004

Bill Vera <mailto:billvera at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
> Hello

Hi Bill  ;-D

> Having trouble installing MailScanner 4.30.3-2 on a RedHat 8.0
> when running the ./install.sh I get an all Good on everything but a
> missing RPM package:
>
> binutils glibc-devel gcc make

Actually, those are four different packages.  If you have up2date configured
you could easily add them by doing:

up2date binutils glibc-devel gcc make

> I guess this is some kind of development package, I've tar -xzvvf,
> and rpm - Uvh all the packages in the MailScanner file, not to
> mention, perl Makefile.PL, make, make test, make install. I do have
> all 5 of
> the /usr/src/redhat/... dir created. stuck now...
>
> I am a novice to Linux, and any help would be appreciated.

Wow, this should be a challenge then.

--
Michael St. Laurent
Hartwell Corporation