Failed finding testvirus.org

Jason Williams jwilliams at COURTESYMORTGAGE.COM
Thu May 6 22:31:15 IST 2004

Hello everyone.

Well, I was testing out the mail server today when I saw the thread about
sending test viruses through their mail server. I decided to head on over
to www.testvirus.org and put my server to the test.

Everything was working well, until it tried to do Virus #19, Eicar virus
within zip file hidden using the "Blank Folding Vulnerability"

That went through without being detected by my setup.

As I continued to test, the following also got through:

Test #20: Eicar virus within zip file hidden using the "MIME Boundary Space
Gap Vulnerability"

Test #21: Eicar virus within zip file hidden using the "Long MIME Boundary
Vulnerability"

Test #23: Eicar virus within zip file hidden using the "Empty MIME Boundary
Vulnerability"

Setup:

MailScanner 4.29-7
ClamAV 0.70

Anyone else have problems with these particular test viruses?

Jason

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk