Storing/Quaranting certain outbound emails

Alex Neuman alex at NKPANAMA.COM
Thu May 6 20:11:21 IST 2004

I think you're looking for the "Archive Mail" option. You set up a ruleset
like you specified, something like:

FromOrTo:       *@domain.com     /home/youraccount/mail/suspicious
or
FromOrTo:       *@domain.com     /home/youraccount/suspicious
then
FromOrTo:       default         no

Depending whether your IMAP server stores its mailbox files under
/home/youraccount (uw-imap) or /home/youraccount/mail (dovecot). That way
you can use any IMAP client to browse through the archive.

I've never tested sending it to /var/spool/mail/youraccount, but in theory
that would mean you'd be able to read it using any e-mail account on the
system.

Another way that just popped into my head would be to send it to a file,
and then formail -s sendmail youraccount at yourdomain.com that file on a
regular basis, then delete it.

So if you think about it, there are quite a few ways you could accomplish
what you need.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk