TNEF problems

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Thu May 6 22:04:34 IST 2004

No the path is:

M$ Outlook -> Exchange -> MailScanner -> Internet
which is the usual setup

It's really weird, I did some further testing. The undecodable TNEF is
created by something (html crap??) in the text. The mail keeps getting
rejected.

I i copy the text to notepad, then paste it back to a fresh e-mail and
then send it the maill wil go through without problems. Either the text is
still not clean even through I selected plain text, or the incoming
message had TNEF in it and Exchange is deciding to keep it. (The Incoming
MS server is different from the outgoing).

Still I would think that silently dropping the TNEF bit would be an option
:)

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk