MailScanner Manual is now available

Billy A. Pumphrey bpumphrey at WOODMACLAW.COM
Thu May 6 16:55:34 IST 2004

Yes, thank you so much for the manual.  I think this will have a big
effect on the questions asked on the list.  Since I'm a newb at Linux,
for a newb that doesn't know the wget command, it might be helpful to
put the wget command around where its talking about downloading
mailscanner.

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Stephen Swaney
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 8:06 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: MailScanner Manual is now available

Version 1.0 of the MailScanner Manual is finally ready for download.
Many
thanks to Ugo Bellavance and Michele Neylon for proofreading, technical
corrections and some excellent ideas for additional material.

Version 1.0 is very specific to RPM-based Linux distributions. This is
because while I often work on other distributions, I'm more familiar
with
this version of MailScanner. Hopefully there are some of you out there
who
can contribute material to help cover the other operating systems that
MailScanner supports. Please drop me a line off list if you are willing
contribute any additional material.

The virus scanning section is missing a few of the latest supported
virus
scanner. This is inevitable since Julian keeps adding support for
additional
virus scanners faster than we can document them. We expect that this
section
and the entire Manual will be updated with every major release of
MailScanner.

To save trees, the manual is designed to be printed and bound double
sided
on US letter sized paper. I'll try and get out an A1 version as soon as
have the time.

Please understand that Version 1.0 is just a beginning. We hope it will
grow
as fast as you can contribute.

Any errors or omissions are mine alone and any corrections or additional
material will be gratefully accepted.

The manual, in PDF format, may be downloaded from:

        www.fsl.com/support

Just click on the MailScanner Manual link.

Steve

Stephen Swaney
President
Fortress Systems Ltd.