Postfix support / how stable?

Pete pete at eatathome.com.au
Thu May 6 12:27:29 IST 2004

Jan-Peter Koopmann wrote:

>Hi guys,
>
>I need your experience on MailScanner and Postfix. Some of our customers think about switching over to Postfix due to Exim having problems with very (!) large mail volumes. They now think about using amavisd since MailScanner had problems with Postfix in the earlier versions. The postfix author claimed that MailScanner is not a good solution since it does not use the Postfix standard interfaces (or something like that). This seemed to have resulted in sporadic mail loss.
>
>Now my question: Is that still true? What is your experience? How stable is MailScanner with postfix nowadays?
>

>Kind regards
>
>Jan-Peter Koopmann
>Dipl.-Wirtschaftsinformatiker
>Senior Engineer
>
>--
>Seceidos GmbH
>Robert-Bosch-Str.7
>64293 Darmstadt/Germany
>
>Phone:  +49 (6151) 66843-43
>Fax:    +49 (6151) 66843-52
>E-Mail: jan-peter.koopmann at seceidos.de
>Web:    http://www.seceidos.de
>

>-------------------------- MailScanner list ----------------------
>To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
>Before posting, please see the Most Asked Questions at
>http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives at
>http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html

Mine is small setup, only 2500 emails per day for a few domains, running
as a gateway. I have only used postfix (dont know exim and sendmail
seems over complex to me), its works perfectly and i dont see any flaws
you describe or described 'elsewhere'. TIP: you dont have to use the
method described on Julian's site, there is an alternative, email and i
send the instructions if your interested.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk