BitDefender for Linux Licensing

Randal, Phil prandal at HEREFORDSHIRE.GOV.UK
Thu May 6 09:56:26 IST 2004

The only changes I had to make with the current MailScanner (4.30.3-2) was
the line

  Minimum Code Status = beta

At the bottom of MailScanner.conf.

MailWatch needed additions to functions.php and rep_viruses.php for
bitdefender regexes.

Something like...

In functions.php:

 case 'bitdefender':
   define(VIRUS_REGEX, '/(\S+) Found virus (\S+) in/');
   break;

And in rep_viruses.php:

  case("bitdefender"):
   $scanner[$vscanner]['name'] = "BitDefender";
   $scanner[$vscanner]['regexp'] = "/(.+) Found virus (\S+) in/";
   break;

Note that the regexes are slightly different from those in the MailWatch
CVS.

I got a false positive in the Virus Report without the " in" bit in the
regex.

I think it's time to take BitDefender out of beta status now, Julian.

Cheers,

Phil
----
Phil Randal