MailScanner vs. Amavisd

Muenz, Michael linux at LEUTE.SERVER.DE
Thu May 6 10:18:17 IST 2004

Hi,

> Hi people can I get the opinion of people who have used both MailScanner
> and Amavisd. What are the reasons for using MailScanner over Amavisd, or
> what are the benefits of Amavisd over MailScanner etc.

I use both. IMHO the releases of amavis are more stable than MailScanner,
but you have to wait for months when you need the new features from amavis.
My mails first get scanned by MailScanner and then by amavis. About 10
viruses
a day get trough MailScanner. I'm sure there are some probs with viruses in
bounces
and broken MIME stuff. Will update to 4.30.3 and pray :-)
MailScanner has the greatest rule system ever seen. You can create for every
option
a cool rule. But I'm missing the *_lovers_* stuff from amavisd-new.
The performance from MailScanner is quiet better and it don't uses different
ports.

> I would be interested to hear these comparisons from people with
> experience with both.

Both in a mix is the greatest :-))

Michael

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk