Problem with MailScanner and CommuniGate

John Rudd jrudd at UCSC.EDU
Wed May 5 22:56:27 IST 2004

Derek Pitts wrote:

> Derek Pitts wrote:
> >
> > mailscanner at jiscmail.ac.uk
> >
> > I am having a problem getting MailScanner to work
> > correctly with CommuniGate Pro.
> >
> > I have:
> >
> > Red Hat AS 3.0  kernel 2.4.21-9.0.3.EL
> > MailScanner 4.30.3-2 from RPM
> > ClamAV .70 compiled on the system
> > tested with CommuniGate Pro 4.1.8 and beta 4.2.2
> > jrudd's ms2cgp and cgp2ms default configurations
> >
> > The problem I get is that mail never makes it to the
> >users
> > inbox.  I can watch the log file and see MailScanner
> >start
> > to scan the message when it is received but it seems to
> > become hung somewhere in this process.  It scans the
> > message over and over again without ever delivering it.
> > can send mail from my test email server to other email
> > servers perfectly fine.  If I attach a virus test file,
> > the file is scanned and identified as a virus test file.
> >   If I attempt to send a message from another mail server
> > to my test server with MailScanner running I get an error
> > as follows
> >

> What does your server rule (that invokes cgp2ms) look
> like?
> And what headers have you set up for mailscanner to insert
> into the
> message?
>
> --snips of code
> Server-Wide Automated Processing Rule priority=5
> "Header Field" is not "$IH:$IHV"

You were too literal here.  "$IH" and "$IHV" are meant to be
"variables".
Using the information you gave below, $IH should have been:

"X-Chemistry_Department-MailScanner-Information"

and $IHV should have been:

" Please contact the Chemistry Helpdesk for more information"

Try setting that Rule condition to:

"Header Field" is not "X-Chemistry_Department-MailScanner-Information:
Please contact the Chemistry Helpdesk for more information"

And then things should work.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk