Whitelisting...I know how to do it...question on one rule

Jason Williams jwilliams at COURTESYMORTGAGE.COM
Wed May 5 00:08:05 IST 2004

Yes whitelisting...I know how to do it. I searched the archives before I
came here.

Here is my question.

Since I do not want to scan outgoing mail for spam, I made the following
changes:

Spam Checks = /usr/local/etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.rules

spam.rules contains:

From:   192.168.1.165   no
FromOrTo:       default yes

192.168.1.165 -- is my internal mail server that sends out through Mail Server.

So that stops all mail coming from 192.168.1.165 from being scanned for spam.

Now, if I want to start whitelisting some domains and email addresses, I
was going to edit:

spam.whitelist.rules

My main question is I only need to specify   From:  and
not   FromOrTo:   correct?

From: obviously is any incoming mail into the server from the outside.

To: Would be any email being sent to a certain address or domain

Now, since i've already whitelisted my internal mail server, From: is all I
would need, correct?

If I used FromOrTo:   that would be overkill?

Just thought i'd clarify here.

Cheers,

Jas

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk