[work] Re: strange error

John Clancy john.clancy at BUSINESSANDFINANCE.IE
Tue May 4 14:10:02 IST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "xcelent" <xcelent at WOL.NET.PK>
To: <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Sent: 04 May 2004 13:40
Subject: [work] Re: strange error

> we are using Linux 7.3, MailScanner 4.11, Perl 5.6.0
>
> when i run command MailScanner it says "segmentation fault.
>

> xcel

<snip>

Hi xcel,

I assume you mean RedHat Linux 7.3 and MailScanner 4.11 with Perl 5.6.0.

If so you should update your MailScanner installation as it is now up to
MailScanner 4.30 with many tweaks and fixes along the way :-)

In addition you should make sure to use the script/tool Julian provides
(thank you Julian !!!). It will be in /usr/sbin/upgrade_MailScanner_conf if
you are using the RPM install. This tool vastly simplifies the job of
merging your old MailScanner.conf settings with the new settings in the
version of the MailScanner.conf file in the rpm.

JC

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk