OT (maybe) Vacation script stopped working

Erich Schroeder erich at MUSEUM.STATE.IL.US
Mon May 3 19:33:09 IST 2004

I'm hunting down a new problem that may be coincedent with installing
MailScanner several months ago. I've had a long-running mail server
(Sendmail 8.11.6, RH 7.2) and I have been able to provide my users with
the vacation script (using the version 1.2.6 from
http://vacation.sourceforge.net/). I have to set up one for someone on
maternity leave, and now I'm getting a message:

550 5.7.1 /home/bshea/.forward: line 1: "|vacation userid" ... Address
<uerid at here.com> is unsafe for mailing to programs

This normally means that one doesn't have the vacation program
"registered" with smrsh, but it is--just as it always was. The vacation
program runs fine from the command line.

The log files state that the error is coming from sendmail, but I was
wondering if something in the installation of MailScanner could caused the
change in my server.

I expect that it's not the case, otherwise I would have found something
when I searched the archives and MAQ.

Erich

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Curator, Information Technologies  FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      email:erich(at)illinois.state.museum
                 http://illinois.state.museum/

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk