Ruleset to NOT append to header. - Lotus Domino

Hancock, Scott HancockS at MORGANCO.COM
Mon May 3 17:46:12 IST 2004

 >>FromOrTo:          LotusServer.com        no
 >
 >That will create a header name of "no" which is broken as it doesn't
end
 >with a ":". I suspect it isn't what you wanted either :)

You suspect right.  So if for no reason but my amusement, is there a way
to suppress the header additions?

 >A Domino system rejecting headers starting with an "X" is too broken
 >even believe...

This is from their email admin after reporting 5GB of free disk space on
all volumes.

---------------------------------------
you have a problem with mails to SMS Demag. I think it's a illegal sign
in the header of your Mails. Have you installed a virus or spam
software?  They often writes informaitions in the header of any mail
which leaves the Mail-Server.  Please read the RFC821 " SIMPLE MAIL
TRANSFER PROTOCOL".
The status-code 554 means: Invalid command arguments. A valid mail
transaction protocol command was issued with invalid arguments, either
because the arguments were out of range or represented unrecognized
features. This is useful only as a permanent error.

You can answer to this mail-address, or test the connection at:
mathias.schneider at sms-demag.de

Best Regards

Please, try deleting the "X" lines yourself.

Scott

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk