Detected HTML-specific exploits

Andrew Stubbs andrews at stusoft.com
Sat May 1 12:11:57 IST 2004

I am getting the following virus warning:

IP Address: xxx.xx.xxx.xxx
 Recipient: xxxx
   Subject: Re: xxxxxx
 MessageID: i41AvJf4029007
    Report: MailScanner: Found a script in HTML message

I have the following setup:

Allow IFrame Tags = yes
Allow Form Tags = yes
Allow Object Codebase Tags = yes

Which AFAIK should stop the scanning of HTML mail.

The trigger is this, I think. It is inside a YAHOO advert from a yahoo
groups email

</script>
<script language=JavaScript
src=http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/1-/jscodes/031016/ct_lrec_031016.js>
</script>

I have also whitelisted the yahoo groups emails as well. I would have
thought the whitelisting should pre-empt everything. I do not want to alter
filename.rules.conf to allow .js - as this would be suicidal.

What have I done wrong ?

Andrew

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk