eTrust wrapper not working

Howard Yuan Howard.Yuan at VALENCE.COM
Wed Mar 31 18:12:36 IST 2004

Hello!!

I'm trying to get the eTrust wrapper working with MailScanner. I have
MailScanner working using SpamAssassin already and its filtering out
spam and pulling out files that matches the blocked file content/name
list. However, its not scanning the emails for viruses. I'm assuming
that if the wrapper was working, I'd see the results of eTrusts' scans
in the mail log, correct?

Anyways, I'm running MailScanner 2.63 on SuSE 9.0 using PostFix. I've
searched the Archive list and found email postings on 09.12.03 with
someone having the same problem. It suggested modifying the SUDOER file
and adding:

User_Alias      MAIL = mail
Runas_Alias     ROOT = root
Host_Alias      LOCALHOST = 127.0.0.1
Cmnd_Alias      ETRUST = /opt/eTrustAntivirus/ino/bin/inocmd32
Defaults        mailto = you at yourdomain.com
Defaults        env_reset = true
Defaults        env_keep = LD_LIBRARY_PATH

And also to create a script file that will set up the environment
variables:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/eTrustAntivirus/secu/lib:/opt/eTrustAntivirus/ino/c
onfig:/opt/eTrustAntivirus/ino/lib;
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
CAIGLBL0002=CACRITMON; export CAIGLBL0002
CAIGLBL0000=/opt/eTrustAntivirus; export CAIGLBL0000
CAIUNIDB=caiunidb; export CAIUNIDB
CAIGLBL0006=CASNMPMGR; export CAIGLBL0006
CA_CAILANGUAGE=enu; export CA_CAILANGUAGE
CAI_CAMSGF_OPRDIRECT=; export CAI_CAMSGF_OPRDIRECT
CAI_DATEFMT=MMM-DD-YYYY; export CAI_DATEFMT
CA_REPORT=/opt/eTrustAntivirus/report; export CA_REPORT
CAPB_PATH=/opt/eTrustAntivirus/prb/config; export CAPB_PATH
CA_CAIMESSAGE=/opt/eTrustAntivirus/messages/american; export
CA_CAIMESSAGE

/opt/eTrustAntivirus/ino/bin/inocmd32 $*

And then modifying the line in the wrapper that calls the program to:

exec sudo /path/to/your/script $ScanOptions "$@"

I've tried this and it doesn't work. I'm not sure what lines I might
have to change to get this working on my system or if it'll even work on
my system. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance and sorry
for the long post.

Howard