Mailscanner + Exim question

Mark Warpool Mark.Warpool at BENCHMARK-USA.COM
Wed Mar 31 16:25:31 IST 2004

I have a box running Mandrake 9.2, MailScanner 4.28.6, and Exim 4.13.  I
have a lot of uses that submit mail to the server remotely (IE: not from
my network), many of which are cable/DSL users.  The thing I'm running
into is that the mails get submitted to MS and scanned and gets some
pretty high scores, mainly the 'received in dyna block' scores.

Is there a way to keep mail that is from my local users from being
scanned by MS?  The users are all kept in a MySQL database, and the
customers are able (using some web pages) to add and remove e-mail
addresses as they wish, so white listing all email addresses isn't
really an option.

I've thought about using Exim to write an "authorization" header into
the mail, and then creating a SA rule that gives it like a -10, or
something to that effect.  But that seems like kind of a dirty work
around.

Any better suggestions?

Mark Warpool
Benchmark Technologies Corp