(Newbie) MailScanner, Exim, Panda & other AV-Software

Stefan Merfort Stefan.Merfort at NETZONE.DE
Wed Mar 31 15:41:05 IST 2004

Hello,

I searched the list for about 3 hours now and I couldn't find any solutions for my problems
/ questions (I am new to Linux):

(System: SuSe Linux 8.2 Professional, newest stable MailScanner)

We are using Panda Antivirus already on our Windows-Computers, so I want to use it also
with MailScanner, but how do I have to install it and which version? There's a pavcl-rpm, a
pavcl-tgz and two tar.gz's in the Sendmail-Folder of the CD.
For now I installed the pavcl-rpm with yast, but when I try to scan a folder, this only works
when I make 'su root' before :( As normal user the only output is a memory-access-error.

I also already downloaded the pavcl_update.sh from this list, but where do I have to put it
to get it work? And how can I tell it that it runs at the morning and at the evening of the
day? (Panda mostly has signature-updates twice a day)

I also got some other questions, but I think it's better to get Panda running at first.

Thank you very much for helping!

 - Stefan

(Sorry for the eventually bad english...)