System administrator notices

Rick Cooper rcooper at DWFORD.COM
Wed Mar 31 15:39:14 IST 2004

The attached MessageBatch.pm patch seems to work. It will generate subject
lines like:

        Virus Detected: Bad File Name Detected: Other Bad Content Detected

for a message(s) that contain all of the above, or just the appropriate
"Detected" string for a single problem

and the first line of the message changes to:

The following e-mails were found to have: Virus Detected: Bad File Name
Detected: Other Bad Content Detected

It won't repeat the "Detected" string, if multiple messages have the same
problem, in either the subject or the first line of the notice

along with the patch add the following lines to the bottom of
/opt/MailScanner/etc/reports/en/languages.conf ( for default string) and
your appropriate language file (translated). This is **important**! I didn't
bother with a patch for something so simple.

NoticeVirus = Virus Detected
NoticeFileName = Bad File Name Detected
NoticeOther = Other Bad Content Detected
NoticePrefix = The following e-mails were found to have

You should now see the actual problem(s) in the admin warning subject and
body

If Julian likes/approves, feel free to add it to the distribution or modify
as you desire.

I tested the patch against MailScanner-4.29.3, BTW

Rick