how to monitor mailscanner is running

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
Wed Mar 31 13:01:27 IST 2004

There are a couple of ways you can do this. If you use:
/etc/rc.d/init.d/MailScanner status
you should see if the process is running or not and script it to act
accordingly.
Another thing would be to monitor the process using something like uptime

Mr. Michele Neylon
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd
http://www.blacknightsolutions.ie/
http://www.search.ie/