Scanning the Received: Header

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Tue Mar 30 20:17:16 IST 2004

Greg Krzeszkowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Most email that comes in will have more than Received: header.   I know for a fact every single piece of incoming email into my organisation will have a header added by the firewall.
>
> Does anyone know if all the Received: headers are scanned by MS/SA, or is it just the most recent one?   I don't seem to be seeing all log entries showing known spam senders being blocked due to a rbl lookup based on the senders domain/ip address.   All my spam matches show the SA conf variables.
>
> Have I totally missed the point?

When you do RBL checks in MS it only checks the last server but SA
checks them all so in your case (and mine) you need to do your RBL
checks in SA.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.25-14,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.30, ClamAV 0.67 + GMP 4.1.2, MailStats 0.25