bayes expiry

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Mon Mar 29 22:10:09 IST 2004

Julian Field wrote:
> It is unfortunately a problem I can do nothing about. Either I run a very
> small chance of the Bayes file being corrupted, or you collect potentially
> thousands of lock files which eventually bring down your system.

Is this cleaning of SA lock files newer than 4.25? I get some "sa.12345"
files in /tmp and clean them from a cron script if they are older than a
day.

> This is why I wrote the code for MailScanner to trigger the expiry run
> itself. That way it knows it is happening and can either wait for it to
> complete, or else ignore Bayes while the expiry is running.

Now I understand why you added it to MS. I thought it was simpler to run
it from cron but I'll switch when I upgrade.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.25-14,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.30, ClamAV 0.67 + GMP 4.1.2, MailStats 0.25