Mail Scanner and Spam Assassin report generatio n

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Mon Mar 29 22:00:18 IST 2004

Julian Field wrote:
> At 17:02 29/03/2004, you wrote:
>
>> > Would you like it just as another variable for the "attachment"
>> template?
>> > That would be the easiest for me to do, and wouldn't involve any
>> > configuration additions for anyone.
>>
>> I wasn't the original poster who asked for this, but making it a variable
>> would work for me.
>
> Wonderful. Consider it done. It consists of the full long-winded
> SpamAssassin report minus all the leading (and often incorrect) text at the
> beginning of it. It leaves you the table of scores, rule names and rule
> descriptions.

Does that mean that the full report is only created if I use the
attachment action? You mentioned earlier that it would affect
performance negatively so it would be great if it's not processed for us
who don't want the report. Either by choice of action or by a switch in
MailScanner.conf maybe.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.25-14,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.30, ClamAV 0.67 + GMP 4.1.2, MailStats 0.25