Quarantine Group and Exim

Desai, Jason jase at SENSIS.COM
Mon Mar 29 21:30:49 IST 2004

Hello.  I am running MailScanner 4.28.6 with Exim and I was having problems
setting the quarantine group for use with MailWatch.  I don't know how
others running Exim as a non-root user have been able to set the Quarantine
Group before.  But I've come up with a small patch that seems to fix my
problem.

What this does (I think) is that it adds the Quarantine Group to the list of
effective group ids, so that later on when it comes time to quarantine, the
operation is permitted.  The patch can probably be cleaned up a bit to check
for errors, and maybe do the same thing for the Incoming Work Group too.

What do you think?  Did I do something silly, or does this make sense?

Jason