Slient Virus

Chris Conn cconn at ABACOM.COM
Mon Mar 29 16:56:09 IST 2004

> Check the settings of
>
> Notify Senders =
> Notify Senders Of Viruses =
> Notify Senders Of Blocked Filenames Or Filetypes =
> Notify Senders Of Other Blocked Content =
>
> as they also affect what the senders get.
>
> Sorry the sender notification settings seem a little complicated, I need to
> balance the need to maintain backward compatibility with fine-grained
> control, while still enforcing things like stopping everyone warning
> senders about viruses by default.

Hello,

I have set the:

Notify Senders = yes
Notify Senders Of Viruses = no
Notify Senders Of Blocked Filenames Or Filetypes = yes
Notify Senders Of Other Blocked Content = no

and still, no warning sent to the original sender.  Only the recipient
gets the warning.  What is worse, if the mail is actually a Bagle-zippwd
(for which we do not want the "recipient" to be warned since it actually
is not intended), the recipient will receive the email, minus the virus
attachment.

Chris