bayes expiry

Gib Gilbertson Jr. gib at TMISNET.COM
Mon Mar 29 15:43:29 IST 2004

Hi.

Any guesses as to why I would all of a sudden be getting the following
message when doing nightly expiry after this had been working for weeks?

[root at thumper]# sa-learn -C
/usr/local/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --force-expire
Cannot open bayes_path /var/spool/spamassassin/bayes R/O: Inappropriate
file type or format
Cannot open bayes_path /var/spool/spamassassin/bayes R/W: Inappropriate
file type or format

The path is correct, and the files were there. I ended up having to delete
all the bayes files, and when the command was re-ran it created new files.

Thanks

gib

      Gib Gilbertson Jr.
     Tierramiga Info Systems