Mailscanner plus SpamAssassin and CRM114

Kai Schaetzl maillists at CONACTIVE.COM
Mon Mar 29 13:32:25 IST 2004

Simon Brock wrote on         Mon, 29 Mar 2004 12:03:19 +0000:

> I have been comparing the quality of the spam rejection from
> Spamassassin (with Bayes, Razor et al) vs the spam filter in my copy
> of Eudora.  Despite teaching, SpamAssassin does not seem to come up
> to the level of Eudora's filter.
>
> I have recently discovered CRM114 (crm114.sourceforge.net) which
> claims and does produce very accurate results.  Using the distributed
> learnt files, it was almost 100% accurate.

If you do that with SA you'll get the same result. Use a recent version of
SA, use extra rules and configure it correctly. A Bayes engine of whatever
type is not the solution to your problem, it's a single point of failure.
The SA mailing-list can help you with correct configuration.

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany