Mail Scanner and Spam Assassin report generation

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Mar 29 11:39:59 IST 2004

At 13:00 27/03/2004, you wrote:
>At 22:40 26/03/2004, you wrote:
>>  At 12:52 PM 3/26/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>>>Thanks for the suggestion.  I don't know if I can risk making that large
>>>of a change on this box though.  It processes around 110,000 messages a
>>>day currently and they would kill me if there was any issues where it
>>>effected their current mail flow reliability.  And mixing up mail
>>>processing to achive that at the moment wories me.
>>>
>>>All I need to do is pass the report argument that Spam Assassin gives when
>>>it runs into the forwarded message.
>>>
>>>Another reason ws need the failure report in the body of the message is
>>>because outlook here does NOT forward message headers when you forward the
>>>message.  So if a users gets a message that failed the Spam Assassin
>>>rules, they can't forward the message to a help desk.  Since all the
>>>usefull headers are gone then.
>>
>>----
>>I tend to agree it would be nice to have the option to put the spam
>>assassin report in the body of the message. I have lots of accounts using
>>Outlook or Outlook Express and explaining how to get the headers for a
>>message can be a real pain with some of them. For analytical purposes it
>>would be nice to have the report in the body of the message, or added to
>>the subject line of any mail that is tagged as spam?

But if you put the report in the message then you can't feed it back into
the Bayes engine in SpamAssassin. Do you really want that? You won't be
able to manually teach SpamAssassin about any messages as you will have
changed the message a lot.

If you really are happy with that, let me know.
--
Julian Field